Sunday 5 May 2013

Do people think anymore?

I have to ask, do people think any more? Obviously they do from time to time but when it comes to some simple things people really make me think that they don't actually think (how many times can I use think in one sentence? Think think think...). People can make some stupid decisions (I myself have made many) that are obviously either incorrect or incredibly simple yet still confuse some people. The greatest example of this that everyone has done at least 10 times in their lifetime is pushing a door that says "Pull". I mean, how many times have people done that. The worst part is that that is not the worst decision I have seen some people make.


There are many other stupid decisions that people make everyday that really make me question the future of humanity. One of these decisions is driving down a road that clearly has an arrow pointing in the OPPOSITE direction. I have seen this happen so many times in the Woolworths car park when we go shopping. In fact, there were three people I saw today doing this, all within the space of 5 minutes and 24 seconds (I was timing how long it would take my father to get the newspaper). It is really stupid because at the entrance to the road they were coming down was a large sign saying "No Entrance" and then on the road was a big white arrow pointing out, not in to the road. Seriously, it really made me worry for these people. As we were pulling out of the car park even there was a stand off of two cars going down the same one-way road (so one of them was going the wrong way) and it was like a stand off you see on an old Western Film (You know, the films with actors like John Wayne) and they were still just staring at each other as we drove off (and Dad was in no hurry by the way). Some people these days; entertaining but stupid.


Another instance of people not thinking straight is when people slow down to drive past speed cameras (the ones with the police-people [trying not to be sexually vilifying] in the cars) but continue to use their phones while driving past. Sometimes I don't think people actually know the road rules regarding phones. The amount of people who drive past these types of speed cameras texting or using their phone is ridiculous and they know the speed camera is there because they slow down. I mean, come on! Leave me with some faith in the future of our world please! What is the point of slowing down if the people behind the camera are going to pull you over anyway for using your phone? Use common sense people! Don't ask me why I used this photo, I just thought it was funny and was related in a way.


So there are many things that people do that make me wonder whether they actually think. Sometimes I wonder how long humanity will last before we begin de-evolving (hey, I can make up words too) or just die out because we gradually use our minds less and less. Why not comment down below on the stupid things you see people do?

May the odds be ever in your favour, goodbye!

1 comment:

  1. I'm pretty sure that the last time I pushed a door that said 'pull' was yesterday. That's really sad isn't it?

    It's funny because it's true.

    I don't know how to react right now.

    ReplyDelete