Tuesday 21 May 2013

Hospitals

Hospitals, there is something about them. Many other buildings you feel no emotion towards but as soon as you come to a hospital you are bombarded with memories and emotions that can often leave you feeling as though you should be a patient. Just the thought of hospitals can scare some people and some even suffer from Nosocomephobia which is the fear of hospitals (see, I do my research). I don't know what it is but Hospitals just seem ... well, sick.


I had to visit someone in hospital today and as soon as I went inside I felt sick, or dirty. I felt as though I had carried in every single germ known to man kind. Why did I feel this? Perhaps it was the perfectly clean floors and walls. Maybe it was the hand wash dispenser on the wall every two metres. It may have been the nurses walking around in scrubs or the blanched look of the walls. I hate to say it but it really was depressing. There seemed to be no happiness in the place and all the places that were aimed towards happiness just seemed like a fake facade hiding so much more underneath its surface. Hospitals are sullen places and it is just something about them that makes me feel depressed or dirty.


Whenever I walk into a hospital I always get a sick feeling in my stomach as though something bad is going to happen to me. Maybe it's all the sick people, even though there are some very healthy patients in there as well. Maybe its the stigma around hospitals and how so many people go there and never come home. Then there's all the visitors, half of which look the way I feel. They just are not happy and so a hospital is certainly not somewhere to go for someone recovering from depression. Even the hospital beds when they are empty seem too perfect with their hospital corners all tucked in straight. It really is very unnerving. So you see I am not a big fan of hospitals and try to stay away from them as much as I can.

Image Source: 

May the odds be ever in your favour, see you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment