Wednesday 15 May 2013

Homework

Finally! I just finished all my homework and assignments and I am feeling free to relax. I have had so much work with assignments and homework recently that I haven't even had a chance to enjoy some of my Birthday Presents yet (except for four episodes of Doctor Who). I've been lucky to even find the time to keep writing these posts. However, now it is over I can finally relax and catch up on all that I have missed out on. Hooray! It is is such a great feeling.


So the assignments we've had is a DNA Extraction Practical Report on the experiment we did last week and that was due today. It wasn't as bad because it was completed in pairs but it was still a lot of work to do, even between two people. The next thing was an English Oral Presentation which started today on whether people should be allowed to post whatever they want online. From here we got our own issue and contentions to talk about and we started presenting today though we were really slow (even though the speeches only go for 3 to 5 minutes) and we only got three done today so I probably will not even have mine until next week. I just have to say that it takes me 20 minutes to 40 minutes to write one of these blog posts with pictures but for my Oral Presentation which is just a speech it took me nearly 2 hours to write when it was shorter than two of these blog posts. The logic in that... At least that's done now and I just have to keep practicing every night which isn't so bad because I have what I'm going to say down pat so I only have key words on the palm cards.


Another assignment we have which is due on Friday and which I just completed was a Humanities Macroeconomics Assignment on an economist which we had to choose from a list. Each different Economist has their own questions related and though it seems simple it is far from it and it may seem easy to get the information but it isn't. It's very deceptive and takes hours to complete. It's an assignment you wouldn't be able to complete the night before (and get a good mark). I'm doing mine on Milton and Rose Friedman and I actually find it very interesting, although it can get boring and tedious.



The final assignment is one for History of Western Medicine which we started in class and it's a case study on a topic of our choice to do with Medicine from the 1800s to the 2000s. I'm doing a case study on Cholera while focusing more on the history of it and comparing it to modern day cases. It isn't such a hard task as we have benchmark tasks to complete along the way that help us complete the assignment. Our first benchmark task was an opening paragraph outlining our topic (I may have wrote a very large topic) then a statement (I may have wrote a paragraph) on why we chose it and some research questions to focus our research. The second task is an annotated Bibliography of four preliminary resources (we can use more in our research stage) and the third benchmark task is a research table using our research questions and we write notes from our research and the source we got it from. Finally, we write it up in a report and then print it out ready to be handed in (next Thursday).


So that is all the assignments we had plus all the extra homework we get on top of that. Luckily next week is Revision Week before exams so we don't have any tests and we don't get much homework because it's all revision. Then it's exams and we won't have a lot of homework for the next few weeks. Finally, I can relax!

May the odds be ever in your favour, see you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment