Tuesday 14 May 2013

50 Posts

If you didn't know this is the 50th Post on this blog and so today I just wanted to look back on some of my old posts as well as share some statistics along the way. This blog started on the 24th March 2013 (Sunday) and the first post was an introduction. I never expected my Blog to get this many views already and as I went to get the link for the first post I became the 1500th view. This is pretty cool because I expected I would get pretty low views around the teens if I was lucky and that it would take me 6 months before I could even think about making 1500 views. It only actually took until the 3rd of May when I hit 1000 views. This was just over a month since I started and I couldn't believe it. So today's post is for all my readers and thank you so much for coming back.


When I first started this blog I was lucky to get 10 views a day but now I get an average of 45 (talk about a rise). The highest amount of views I ever got in one day was 74 and that was also the day that I got over the 1000 views mark. The good thing about my views is that I never get below 40 a day anymore which is quite an achievement and which also means that I must get some people who read my blog regularly (not necessarily daily) and to those people I say thank you. If it wasn't for this I don't know how long I could have stayed motivated to write daily posts. I did miss a few days at the start of April because I was away but now I have mastered the scheduling tool which means that if I am busy or unable to write a post on a certain day I can write one in advance and schedule it for release on that day. I have done this numerous times recently and it really does help me keep this Daily Blog Daily.


Sometimes I wonder how I manage to keep writing my daily posts sometimes when my workload gets very high (which it does). Some of my friends have even asked me this question. The truth is I don't actually know how I manage it. I made a commitment when I made this blog that I would write regularly in it and I've tried to stick to this commitment as much as I can. By now it has become just a part of my daily routine. Get home from school, do homework, have dinner, finish homework, write blog post, relax, get ready for bed, go to sleep. It just seems normal to me now that I don't really think about it as a chore, I just sort of thing about as something I have to do every night and find time for it. I don't even know how I come up with some of these topics I discuss. It generally comes from something that happened during the day. For instance, yesterday I discussed books because in the morning we had an author (Michael Pryor) come in to talk to us at Assembly. Sometimes I don't even think about what I'm going to write until I start and then it takes a few goes to find a topic I can actually make a post about. Sometimes I write a few introductions before I find the topic I am going to discuss. So I don't know how I keep up this blog, but I do and that is partly due to the motivation my viewers provide (in the form of views).


That's all for today and I really want to thank you all for viewing my blog and reading my posts. It really does mean a lot to me, especially when someone comments. I really enjoy that interaction with the readers.

For the 50th time: May the odds be ever in your favour, see you tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the 50!! And it wouldn't be long before you broke century mark. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Also, in the first paragraph it is meant to say 1000 views, not 100. Thanks for reading guys!

    ReplyDelete