Thursday 2 May 2013

These Damn Braces

So if you didn't realise it already, I wear braces (as in on the teeth, the person below is obviously not me). Most of the time they are not bad but when they are bad, they are REALLY bad. These bad times are mostly after Dentist checkups where they tighten it and your teeth hurt because they are moving around. Sometimes having braces is something you don't even notice and other times you just want to rip them out of your mouth, literally (and I mean literally).



My braces were actually supposed to come off yesterday but for some reason instead of the front two teeth becoming even closer together in the last month, something pulled them apart and I was left with a gap in my two front teeth. This gap had being growing for the past few days and so when I got to the Dentist the main dentist (who owns the place and does a lot of the work, though there are a lot of people there) who was preparing for the final check-up before de-banding (the process of removing the braces) decided straight away to cancel the de-banding because of it and instead tightened the braces on my top teeth (he left the bottom teeth untightened because they were perfect [of course they were, they're my teeth]) and then I went home. It wasn't until later that night when I was trying to sleep that my top teeth started hurting really badly (I know, great English) and I could not get to sleep at all until 5am in the morning when the pain finally eased. The worst part was we were out of Panadol so I had to just wait it out which meant a lot of tossing and turning. In the end I would have only being lucky to get 2 hours sleep all night and so throughout the day I really felt like doing this.


I don't want to scare people with braces or who are going to get braces because 95% of the time you don't realise the braces are there. It's only when you do notice them that you wish you hadn't because they can hurt. Thankfully the pain has eased off though it is still hard to eat anything hard because it still hurts to bite down with my top teeth. So braces are great most of the time but can hurt a lot when they want to.

May the odds be ever in your favour, see you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment