Monday 20 May 2013

Let the Games Begin

It's that time of the year again! The Language Perfect World Championships are less than 50 minutes away from beginning. What? You thought I was going to talk about The Hunger Games? Well not today. Today is all about Language Perfect and the world championships. I started with Language Perfect last year and so in today's post I just want to discuss why I enjoy it so much and why it is such a great resource. This is also a great way to pass the time before it starts (just 48 minutes now).


Language Perfect is a great resource for any LOTE study that you may have. It is a fun and interactive way to learn new vocabulary as well as revise some old ones. I have been using it for a year and have found that what I have learnt has stayed with me so much more then it used to. I started learning French last year and have learnt so much more so far than I ever learnt in Italian (all up I had learnt this for 3 years). The good thing with Language Perfect too is that when you get the answer incorrect it tells you the correct way of spelling it and if you're only one or two letters off the correct word or your accent is in the wrong place then it gives you a warning which means you can change it and then submit it. I know I would not be getting some of the marks I am in French if it wasn't for Language Perfect.


I enjoy Language Perfect because it reminds me of flash cards except that it is online. The good thing about this is you cannot tell what the word/translation actually is until you guess it which means you have to actually think rather than just giving up really quickly. It is also a great resource as it is available on the Apple App Store (I wish it was on Google Play) for free which means you can play it on the go. I myself have it downloaded onto my father's iPad so that I can play it in the car on the way home from school or when I am somewhere I can't use my laptop. My friends also like to get involved, often just to beat me (wow, that sounded conceited), and it really provides a motivation to go and learn some new vocabulary just so I can get the points to come up front in my group. It also helps when they have milestones for which you are awarded certificates (participation= 500, Bronze=1000, Silver=2000, Gold=3000 and Elite=10000). Language Perfect really is a great resource and I wish those competing luck in the 2013 World Championships!


May the odds be ever in your favour, see you tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. I don't know about language perfect... On one hand, it's really redeeming to be at the top your school. On the other hand, competing with my friends puts a sour taste in my mouth.

    No reaction.

    ReplyDelete