Monday 6 May 2013

French

French, is such a romantic language and you can say anything in French and make it sound romantic. For example: "J'adore comment que je veux vous tuer" sounds so romantic and I dare you to stop reading right now, search up a French person on Facebook and message them with that. Well, even though it sounds romantic the meaning of that sentence is anything but. In English: "J'adore comment que je veux vous teur" translates to "I love how much I want to kill you" which is not so romantic. Don't ask me why I chose that sentence, I just did. Wow, I sound really morose.


As you may know, I study French at school and I find it actually a fun subject (I can just hear one of my friends going "'Fun'? How is French 'fun'?" I don't know how to answer that question but for me French is fun. I just enjoy learning it and I don't know if it is because of the way it sounds, the pretty pictures in the textbook, or getting to use Language Perfect in and out of class to study. For me French is one of my favourite subjects (right up there next to Maths) and it has been shown that learning a different language improves your ability to learn and understand new things or something along those lines. Learning a different language provides someone with the experience to be able to travel overseas and understand at least some of what is been thrown at them (literally and figuratively). 


I used to study Italian in my old school but I never really enjoyed it as much as I enjoy French (I now study French if you haven't picked that up already) now and I guess I'll never really look back because I have learnt some basics of Italian and now am learning more in-depth French which is challenging and enjoyable. The good thing about this is that I can sort of say I am multilingual because I speak a bit of Italian and French as well as a lot of English (I live in Australia, of course I speak English and I am writing this blog in ENGLISH. Do you see the connection?). French has opened up many opportunities for me and I really enjoy learning it and am grateful to have been given the opportunity to do so.

May the odds be ever in your favour, see you tomorrow!
Puisse le sort vous etre favorable, a demain!

No comments:

Post a Comment