Thursday 5 December 2013

Holidays and a Scary Doctor

Finally, the school year is over and I can catch up on some sleep and relaxation. I know that I am going into VCE and that I should cherish my years of 'relaxing' work but sometimes you just work so hard through the year that you need the holidays to recuperate and prepare for the year ahead. I know you are all probably wondering why this post is still short even though I have finished school. The thing is, as much as I do inside school I have a lot of things I do outside of school that require my attention. This helps me get to my next point about a scary doctor experience. As you all know (probably), in April of next year I am going to Kokoda and as such there are some medical forms to fill out. One of these requires a full physical examination to ensure I am medically fit to complete the Kokoda Trek. This meant going to my GP, then a pathologist (conveniently located next to my GP), then back to my GP so he can check my results and then sign off on the necessary forms. Anyway, on Monday (straight after school) I went to the pathologist and had blood taken out, urine collected and a 12-lead ECG (I have no idea what that is) completed. Then, on Tuesday night. We get two calls from the GP telling me to come in ASAP (do not think you know where this is going, because you do not). Needless to say I spent the next two days (Wednesday and today) worried sick and I barely spoke Wednesday morning. Anyway, so I go there tonight and we go in and Dad asks how the tests were and the Doctor only tells us to sit down and he will explain in a moment. Now I was really getting worried and I thought it was going to be bad. Then he says my results were perfect and he stamps my form. WHAT THE HELL? What was he thinking? WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT? Still, afterwards I felt so relieved and glad that I was cleared. It felt like a weight had risen from my chest. Seriously though, what Doctor calls you just to tell you your results are in? I know you were all thinking that it was going to be bad. How do you think I felt?

Sorry for the short post. See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment