Friday 6 December 2013

Weird News Tuesday: Friday Edition!

As I missed out on making a Weird News Tuesday post this week due to extenuating circumstances I have decided to write this week's on a Friday. Next week, this segment should be back to its original Tuesday slot but if I get side-tracked it might become a Wednesday because I am seeing King Kong (again :) ) on Tuesday night. Sometimes I know I should write the posts earlier but I do get side-tracked and there might be something I am doing during the day that could delay my writing. Also, if you missed the announcement, the "Random Thought Friday" segment has been moved to a Saturday and renamed "Random Thought Saturday" (for obvious reasons). Before I go on with this post I also want to dedicate it to the wonderful man that was Nelson Mandela who recently passed away, may he rest in eternal peace. Today's stories come from Sky News Australia.


Apparently there are four chimpanzees in New York who are fighting (or rather, are been fought for) equal rights as humans. Apparently, the Nonhuman Rights Project is behind the move so that they could live out the remainder of their days in freedom. Well, the day has come. A feral "beer-guzzling" pig could get a plaque at a rest-stop in Western Australia to commemorate the pig's rather unusual life. The "infamous" [I have never heard of it] pig died two months ago and people are pushing for this plaque to be created. I knew they lived on the other side of Australia, but I never realised that people from Western Australia were that different. The "Red Dog" statue I can understand but this pig I can not. Have you heard of girl-friends trashing ex-partner's homes and belongings? What about selling them? Those things are pretty common-place these days so now some Chilean entrepreneurs have created a website on which people can sell their ex's belongings so they can "move on" with their lives. Pretty smart idea. Next we have my favourite Lady Gaga. This time her pee has been made into a perfume and, guess what, it was not Gaga's doing this time. Apparently she peed in a bin in her dressing room before an interview because she could not get to the bin. The people who she was doing the interview for did not care and instead kept her pee and turned into a perfume and kept it in a jar. No word on whether they are going to sell it but if they do, I bet some weird person is going to buy it for a lot of money just because it is Lady Gaga's pee and it is going to be worth something someday. Back to some silly things people do in America. The police donated drugs to a school. Yeah, you read that right. Some American Cops did donate Marijuana to a school. Granted, it was more of an issue of poor inventorying (that is a word) as it was found to have accidentally gone through with some of the other items they donated to the school. I suppose the police have just given up in America, drugs for all. Apparently it was important to Sky News to say that the school plans to make tomato plants out of the remaining materials. Well, that was my one question about this whole article answered. Glad they cleared that up or I could have looked like a right fool. This is an article I think that my school friends would like. Click here for the article that is full of too many puns. The article is about a cow who got its head stuck in a plastic chair. You want to know the worst part? The story for it is the longest I have read today. Apparently, a cow stuck in a chair was more important (or surprising) then police supplying drugs to students, or Chimpanzee's human rights! Come on people, we want the important things! That means more cows in chairs. Someone really should look into that market. There is a lot of weird stuff going on in our world these days.

The odd is everywhere, see you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment