Wednesday 5 February 2014

Childhood Television Highlights (Entertainment Wednesday)

Before I begin, I just want to say how excited I am to announce that this is the 300th post on this blog! It is amazing how far we have all come since March 2013 and we can only hope for future to be just as wonderful. There have been some short or missing posts from time to time but we managed to get there in the end. I say we because without you, my readers, this blog would have stopped a long time ago. It is amazing to be able to log on to Blogger tonight to find my view count surpassing 11,500 views. Never in my wildest dreams did I ever believe I would even make it past 10,000 in just my first year. For your support I thank you, it means more to me than you could imagine.

Today we continue on with another Entertainment Wednesday where anything Entertainment is open for discussion. Today I am going to write about those television shows we always watched as a child because they were just so good. They either made us laugh, cry, not want to go to the toilet or make us think. They are the television shows you think of when reminiscing about your childhood. Of course these are mine so feel free to comment down below some of yours!

The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron Boy Genius


Jimmy Neutron was the perfect mix of comedy and story line. It was not one of those shows that sacrificed a good story for the sake of a laugh. It also had the potential to teach us something from time to time with some of Jimmy's School "Projects". Whether it was laughing at Carl, Jimmy's best friend, and Jimmy's Dad's antics or wincing at another of Jimmy's inventions gone wrong; there was always something to remember. I was excited to find that Jimmy Neutron Seasons 1 and 2 and just been released and so I bought season one after school today. There are just so many memories.

Jeopardy


As you can tell, I am not talking about the popular television game show. I am talking about the television series that aired back in 2002 to 2004. It was a great television show full of suspense and drama. It was also a little spooky which made it really interesting. It was basically about these students from Scotland who go to the Australian Bush in search of UFOs with their teacher. The show seems even more real as the students are given hand-held cameras to record their actions and so a lot of it is jerky footage which makes it even better. The first series even won a BAFTA (British Academy of Film and Television Arts) award for its first season.

Parallax


Parallax was another of those great Australian television shows that left you wanting more at the end of each episode. It followed the story of a boy named Ben who finds a portal to other universes. Through this portal he discovers many secrets about his mother as well as a sister he never knew existed. He also gets caught up in a lot of issues that make the show great. Just when you think the show is going to get boring, something else happens. It was definitely a show I would hate to miss.

Feel free to share your favourite childhood shows below. For the 300th time; See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment