Saturday 15 February 2014

Welcome Back to Longer Posts (Random Thought Saturday)

So, how has it been with all these long posts? Like it was last year? I hope to keep it like this for as long as possible but, just like last year, there will be days where I get caught up with homework or other commitments so there will be short posts or no post at all. I am so annoyed with myself when this happens but sometimes it just can not be. So that is why I introduced the concept of segments. This allows me to pre-write posts as I know what I am going to write about ahead of time. It also helps me because I have something to write about. Before it was a lot harder to produce daily content because I did not want to do the same things every week without an official segment or else it would look weird, well to me anyway. At least this way, as I said yesterday, you guys can decide which days you read based on what you want to read about. Sometimes, it takes a little more than the title and introduction to really get in to what I am talking about. The segments allow you to know what kind of content is going to be released on what day. The only problem I have now is coming up with a segment for Mondays. Now that Friday has a segment, every day of the week has one except for Monday. If you have any idea of what I should write about on Mondays, you should tell me in the comments or by emailing me at legolukeytutorials@gmail.com. If you really wanted to you could even message me via my Facebook page. All these links are up above.


In other news, I have started up a new YouTube channel. This one is called Lyrics2Share and on it I will be posting lyric videos for songs. You should check it out and if you have any suggestions for songs you want a lyric video for just send them through the twitter account, Google+ account (both links available on channel), email them to lyricality2u@gmail.com or just send them through what I mentioned above in the introduction. It is a lot easier to make videos for this channel than it is for my Legolukey channel. I will occasionally post some more tutorials in the future (when exactly is a mystery) but for now the easiest thing to create content for with time constraints is this channel. Plus, I only need to upload when I want to and these videos can be created a lot easier with the time from starting to publishing on YouTube being an hour at most. But anyway, moving on from that 'exciting' news. Have you guys noticed the new segment I started yesterday? It will run every Friday and is called "The Week that Was". Notice how I am becoming smarter now by not including any specific days in the title? In it I go through some of the highlights (and lowlights of the week). Some of it will be from the news and some of it from my personal life. For example, yesterday I wrote about the Sochi Olympics, the murder of Luke Batty, and some of what has been going on with me in the past week. That is sort of why the whole introduction to this Random Thought post was about segments. I was inspired, or rather reminded, by what I wrote about yesterday. In more nerve-racking (and exciting) news, there is only 59 days (and a few hours) until I fly out to Papua New Guinea to complete the Kokoda track. I can not remember if I have told you but we fly out on the 16th of April at 6am and then arrive some time after mid-day. We then start the trek the next day on the 17th before finishing the track on the 24th and attending the ANZAC day dawn service on the 25th. We fly back later that day. It is going to be so exciting but as we get closer the nerves do grow as well. It really is the same for everybody. To think that in less than nine weeks we will be doing the Kokoda track is a scary thought but we are all excited just the same. There is still a lot of fundraising we are doing before we leave (not to mention all the training) but it is suddenly becoming very real but I still do not think it will hit me until I actually arrive.

I really do need these random thought posts, they do help a lot with saying everything I want to. See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment