Thursday 4 April 2013

Beautiful Creatures and Catching Fire

As I wrote in a previous post, for Easter Mum buys us books and this year she bought me "Beautiful Creatures" by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl. It's a great book and I am hooked. Once I pick it up it is hard to put down. I'm only up to page 250 and already there have been quite a few shocks and a lot of suspense. I really recommend this book and, guess what, it was made into a movie which was released in February of this year! It has some great cast but the damn trailer spoilt a part of the book for me I wasn't even up to yet! That's annoying but now I have something to look forward to when I finish the book. Which shouldn't be too far away! But the DVD is not out yet so I'll probably have to wait. So far Ridley is my favourite character (even though she hasn't been it very much so far). I just have to say that I hate how Blogger corrects my spelling using American English which has slight spelling differences to Australian English (the Americans love to drop letters) so I have all these red lines all over the place which makes it hard for me when I edit the post because most of the red lines are for American spelling or names which just really annoys me because I miss the real errors because of this (somehow). Anyway, Beautiful Creatures is a stunning book which I recommend you read (before watching the trailers, not even a damn spoiler alert! What they reveal is meant to be a shock, I'm halfway through and I don't know it yet except for in the trailer!).

The next thing I want to talk about is the new Catching Fire Teaser Trailer! The full trailer will be released on 14th April (JUST 10 DAYS) and this was a teaser trailer for it. It was all over my Facebook, Twitter and YouTube feeds this morning and I thought it was a hoax, but no, it was super real and super cool! I AM SO EXCITED!!!! (I warned you right in the first post that I would fan-girl all over Catching Fire, don't say I didn't warn you) You can check out this awesome clip by clicking here. I am so excited for Catching Fire to come out and so I was super excited to see this. Also, yesterday, I saw an image of Katniss' pre-Quarter Quell interview with Caesar Flickerman in which she was wearing her Wedding Dress which is awesome. Here is the photo:

So cool!!!! Can't wait for November 21st (Australia gets it before the US, YES!) and I am also excited because I got my Mum into reading the series and she only started on Monday and is already halfway through Catching Fire. I also inducted my cousin into Panem and she started on Saturday and has already finished the series. Just shows how addicting it is! So get ready for the April 15th Post (15th since Australia is ahead of America so when they get the trailer on the 14th it will be the 15th in Australia) because I will probably be fan-girl-ing like crazy over the new trailer!

May the odds be ever in your favour, see you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment