Friday 19 April 2013

Relay for Life

So, as I mentioned in Yesterday's post, tomorrow I will be doing Relay for Life although I will not be doing the full 24 hours (as I did last year) but instead will be going on the Thursday and then coming home that night because my Dad has to work the next day and Mum won't be able to pick me and my eldest brother, who has his licence, is unreliable so it should be fun.


Relay For Life is a 24-hour relay where you go in teams of up to 10 and for 24 hours someone on your team must be on the track at all times carrying a baton for your team (this can be any item (appropriate!) that your team chooses). Each team raises money and all the funds raised (as well as registration costs) goes straight to  the Cancer Council. Last year I did it with my school and before that I had done it with the local CFA (Country Fire Authority). This year my school isn't participating because they didn't want to 'detract' from The World's Greatest Shave which was a big fundraiser at our school (well, we fundraised for it at our school). This year I will be competing with the Werribee CFA and it should be fun.

I will probably be able to blog tomorrow night because I won't be staying at the track for the full 24 hours but I might not be able to post tomorrow depending on the time I return. This is just a quick warning about the possibility of me missing tomorrow's post. So yeah, Relay for Life should be a lot of fun and I can't wait!

May the odds be ever in your favour, see you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment