Thursday 11 April 2013

Innovation and The Croods

So today I went to Highpoint Shopping Centre to go see The Croods with my Mum. I don't care that it is a Kids movie, we wanted to see it. So the first thing I wanted to talk about was the new innovative Parking spaces at Highpoint, in the new car park near the entrance closest to Hoyts Cinemas. It is cool because there are sensors above each car spot so they can tell if there is a car in there or not. This is good as there are signs at the end of each row that say how many available car spaces there are in that row and there are also signs showing how many available car spaces there are on each level. This is great as it saves time going up and down each aisle looking for a car space. There are also little lights above each car space which are green (If available) or red (If full) so you can see immediately down the aisle which of the spaces are free. I loved it because it saved my Mum stressing about finding a car space (yeah, my Mum gets really angry when she stresses and you better not be in her firing line) and it cut down a lot of the searching time. On the other side it also means that they know as soon as you stay over the parking limit. I saw one car who had their tyres clamped and it would have been interesting to see when the person saw what happened to their car. Here is a photo of what the signs look like (not taken by me).


Now, to the movie. The Croods is actually a really funny movie with a great story line  It isn't like one of those token kids movies with a weak story line and horrible animations. I'm just saying that Adventures in Zambezia seems like a movie I wouldn't want to see even if I was 5 years old. Anyway, The Croods is about a family of Cavemen who live by the rule that anything new is bad and curiosity kills and when the cave they live in gets destroyed they go on a journey, guided by Guy (his name) and his Belt (some sort of animal with a sense of humour and timing), to get to safety as the World is ending (cue dramatic sounds). Along the way they form closer bonds and discover many new things (such as fire, a snapshot and pets). It is very funny and I really enjoyed it and the good thing was that there were many different age groups in the cinemas and everyone was laughing and came out with a smile. Plus, we watched it in 2D so it can only be better in 3D. So I really recommend this movie and you really should see it.


May the odds be ever in your favour, see you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment