Saturday 6 April 2013

Doctor Who

So I have come to find a new obsession, Doctor Who. Well, it isn't really an obsession but I do love the episodes. My brother bought Season 1 on iTunes so I downloaded it onto my Dad's iPad and have watched a few episodes. I'm up to the Dalek episode but I haven't started it yet so I've only watched the first five episodes of Season 1 so far. I really like Doctor Who because it is a Sci-Fi show with some comedy and a really good story line. It is one of those shows where each episode something different happens which adds to the story line and your understanding of the characters (sort of like Elementary), I just wrote text instead of characters accidentally. I've been doing too much English Text Analysis.



I have two friends really obsessed (well, maybe not obsessed but they love the show) with Doctor Who and when I saw an episode at my school Library on the last day of Term I knew I would want to see more, because I did. I had already had a small look into Doctor Who around the start of the year when I was bored on YouTube and researched some Doctor Who monsters (Weeping Angels are really scary!) but I lost interest because I couldn't find any episodes. Now, having seen a few episodes, I realised I really liked it  and am now watching episodes from iTunes. Through my researching I have looked forward to the new doctors to come and I can't wait until catch up to Season 7! I found that David Tennant as the Doctor and Catherine Tate as the Doctor's Assistant to be a funny period in Doctor Who history and I can't wait.


I am also excited because in the latest episodes (just released at the end of last month) the new assistant (Clara Oswald) is played by Jenna-Louise Coleman who I know from the BBC mini-series "Titanic" in which she was really good. I don't why this makes me excited to see her in Doctor Who but maybe it is just because I have seen her in other places. All I know is that I can't wait until I catch up to those episodes.


May the odds be ever in your favour, see you tomorrow!

2 comments: