Tuesday 16 April 2013

Kokoda Leadership Opportunity

So today I was called to the office at the end of the day along with a few other people. At first I was really worried because I wondered what I had done. Then the Vice Principal (who had called us there) started off by saying "The Wyndham Police have recently contacted us..." which really scared us all because we all thought we were in big trouble from the police. She then went on to continue to say they had offered each school the opportunity to allow students who display qualities of Leadership to apply to go on an all-expenses paid fully guided tour of the treacherous and historical Kokoda Track in Papua New Guinea.



This would also teach us lessons of Leadership along the way. At first I was hesitant because I knew how hard and dangerous it was and they offer training and have medics with us the whole time to be safe. I then went home and talked it over with my parents and we decided that it was a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity and so I decided to apply for it. Now I have to fill out a form and then answer some questions about Leadership and the significance of the Kokoda Track and that I will do tomorrow, I started tonight but had so much homework I had to stop. So there is no certainty I will get chosen as they will look through each person's application and decide the students they wish to take with them. If I do get in I will be very excited and most likely motivated to do more training (or I will find it very very hard) as even those who train for ages find it a hard track and I do hope I get in as I think it will be one of those great experiences I'll take with me until I grow old.

It is such an exciting opportunity and I am so happy that the Vice-Principal and Principal chose me and a few others to apply for the opportunity. I am just in awe a bit.

May the odds be ever in your favour, goodbye!

No comments:

Post a Comment