Wednesday 25 September 2013

No More PUNS!

I have had it up to about here (just imagine me standing on top of the Eureka Skydeck with my hand level with my head) with puns. Small puns, big puns, good puns, bad puns I have just had enough of them! The occasional ones are alright but seriously, I have heard enough of these in the last few weeks to warrant my not-so-sudden dislike of them. Most of the time they either make no sense or are so hurriedly put together that the humour is lost in the stupidity.


The worst part is when you think you can get away from the people who make them you find other sources which you can not stop. You never notice how much people around you use puns until you are sick of them. I am seriously starting to consider the possibility that it was the puns that caused my sickness over the past few days. Have you ever noticed how much the news sites and television shows love their puns. You just watch as the anchors have their little chortle after saying something completely 'hilarious'. Then you change to something lighthearted on another channel and again you are assaulted by insulting plays on words. I was relieved once when I watched Come Fly With Me. It is (well, was) a comedy show from the people who made Little Britain and there was one character who always said "If you'll pardon the pun" when he thought he had made one when, really, he had not. It was just so relieving to finally have someone who was not making a pun, even if they thought they were. This post is starting to sound really weird so I think it is as good a place as any to stop it.

Think twice before making a pun, see you tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. was this about my pun thread that you totally ruined with your comment?

    ReplyDelete