Sunday 22 September 2013

Weird Advertisements

Has anyone else noticed the recent rise in weird advertisements? I mean weird in the sense that they simply do not make any sense and the basic message is just, well, basic. There have always being weird advertisements but at least they used to make sense. I saw an advertisement today for Devondale Cheese. I saw absolutely no connection between the content of the advertisement and the product other than right at the end when it finally said what the advert was for. There is another one for some soy-milk drink (I think it was Devondale again) "without the soy-milk-aftertaste-face". All it has is one person grimacing from the so-called "soy-milk-aftertast". The basic message I got from this was that in order to avoid awkward moments caused by soy-aftertaste is to buy their product. For a moment there I was sold but then I realised I did not drink soy milk. Also, some of those skittle adverts. I see no way a message but rather a competition to set the world record for the most skittles shown in thirty seconds. Skittles is notorious for these sort of ads. I just do not see how they achieve much other than cause conversation. Now I think about it, it actually does work as I am talking about it now and remember it more than any other advertisements.

If I see one more Rivers advert I am going to become depressed. See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment