Thursday 26 September 2013

Melbourne Tourists

So there is something special about the type of tourists that come to Melbourne. Although they come from all over the world they all seem to share the same kind of traits and do the same sort of stuff. I call these traits the "Melbourne Tourist" traits. As you can see, I have a great imagination. You guys do not actually realise but I have wrote the last two posts (meaning today's post and yesterday's post) while watching Doctor Who so I guess they might be a little distracted.


Melbourne being as (for want of a more appropriate word) awesome as it is there is no surprise that it is such a popular tourist destination. However, having so many tourists there are a lot of things you pick up about the different types. First you have the wanna-be photographers. These are the tourists that just seem to take picture after picture after picture of things we find meaningless. Seriously, I saw people take a photo in front of a streetlight in Melbourne once with nothing in the background. Some people just can not stop with the photos. Then you have the always so happy tourists that just seem to walk around with permanent smiles and permanent loud (and ecstatic) voices. Once I heard one tourist remark (in a heavy Swedish accent) "A tree! Oh, a bench! Oh, a tram!" That last one I understand as not many places in the world actually have trams and even less use them in the same way as we do. My laptop is about to die so I am going to make the next one my last one. The final type I will discuss is the permanently talking ones. These are the tourists who continuously talk to each other in their native languages so you have no idea what they are saying. Not only is this a little unnerving when they could be talking about you it is also annoying when they become so obsessed with their conversations they do not care for others around them.

Next time you are out and about, check how many types of tourists you can spot (make it a game). See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment