Sunday 20 October 2013

Fun with Friends

I know this seems like a post about a children's story but it is not, it is very real. It stares you straight in the face when you dare not look. It is the voice in the edge of your mind. That vision out of the corner of your eye. Basically, it is the truth and nothing but the truth (plus a little bit of imagination). Sometimes people go through days and wish it to end every second. However, sometimes we have those days where time flies and we just want it to stop and slow down so we can enjoy it. Even the views of different people can change how they experience time and how this wibbly-wobbly timey-wimey world works (points for whoever knows where this is from). Friends can make time more enjoyable and without them time can go very slowly.


Today was one such occasion where I can say that friends made time go faster and was made better than if I was alone. Today I went to the Geelong Show to celebrate a friend's birthday. Because his Father knew the people who owned a lot of the rides we went on a lot of them and paid nothing. It was actually a lot of fun and if I had not being with my friends I would never have had such great friends to keep me company and to talk to about random stuff (random is always fun). If they had not been there the six hours we spent at the show would not have been half as enjoyable and I was not on the rides all the time (in fact, the majority we were just walking around). On the way home, however, we got stuck helping the Father's friend with a truck. This took a lot of time so instead of getting home at 6pm I got home at 8:10pm. I know you are probably thinking that two and a half hours would be boring but you would be wrong as we talked the whole time about a variety of random things. There was never any awkward silences. It was a lot of fun and I know that without them the time would have just dragged on and I would have had nothing to do. So you can see why I see friends as being important and why I know that they make time move at a better pace.

Friends are important so never take them for granted. See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment