Saturday 26 October 2013

You Know Something is Boring When...

So you know those movies or television shows you start to watch thinking they will be good and then ten minutes in you are bored as hell. Where did that phrase "bored as hell" actually come from anyway? So today I have compiled a list of things that I find I (and others) do when they are watching something and get bored. Sometimes you just have to sit through it though and fight through the boredom. Though if something is boring it probably means it is not that good so the best course of action is to stop watching it.


Check Facebook every ten seconds. When I am bored I am constantly finding myself refreshing Facebook every ten seconds trying to find something to distract myself with. Sometimes I scroll through the same news feed ten times.

Play Candy Crush on your iPad/Phone. Okay, so this is something my Mum does a lot, personally I do not actually play Candy Crush (I used to but got out before I got addicted). In fact, Mum is actually on her iPad playing Candy Crush right now as we watch A Good Day to Die Hard. Yeah, it is a disappointing movie.

Write a blog post on your daily blog. Yeah, if this seems oddly specific it is because it is all about me. My boredom often equates to your reading. Imagine what I could have wasted hours of my life on over the past few months instead of writing for this blog. You got me, I am doing this right now.

Watch YouTube. That was actually something I was doing before I began writing this post. I was watching some old X-Factor performances on YouTube and the snippet of Lady Gaga's new song Venus set to be released with her new album Artpop.

Check Qooh.me or Ask.fm every two seconds to see if anyone has asked you a question. This way you will have something to distract you from the boredom that is your life at the moment. The amount of statuses I see of people asking others to ask them questions when they are "bored" is tremendous. Do not ask why I quoted that word in the previous sentence, even I do not know.

Read. One of the many things people do to avoid boredom is to read. I know a few people who do this a lot (myself included). Some people get more bored than others and so they read a book to keep themselves entertained.

Drawing is yet another of the major things that people do when they are bored. If you have a pen nearby and some paper your hands are going to be itching to do something. Drawing is going to be top of the agenda.

Remember, it is okay to be bored. Just be respectful of others when you are trying to fight your boredom. See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment