Wednesday 9 October 2013

New Addictions

So you may remember that I have already written a post on addictions back in May. This one will be a little different however. This one is going to be about new addictions and the sources from which we attain them. We can not always realise that we are addicted until we look back and realise how much a certain thing had taken over our lives or become such a major part of it that to live without it was something bad. These addictions can be really annoying when we need to get something done and we keep getting distracted.


Can you guess where that last sentence came from, well, why I chose to write it. I am trying to write this post but I keep getting distracted by Fringe. This brings me on to the new addictions part of this post. My friend, Xavier, is always going on about Fringe, a science-fiction show he really enjoys. He has since gave it to a few friends to watch and so now many of us are hooked on this show. In some ways this is great because I needed something to help me relax after a busy term and before even busier exams. Friends are a major source of our new-found addictions. They may mention or recommend things for us to watch, see or do which we then find ourselves enjoying so much that we continue watching it and fall in love with it. With Doctor Who I saw one episode in school at the end of Term 2 and then I fell in love with show. I began to watch it and hence found a new addiction. New addictions can be the worst because sometimes it is too late before we realise it and we can not bring ourselves to stop it.

New addictions come from many sources, see you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment