Thursday 13 June 2013

Rainy Days

I love rainy days. There is just something about them. Some people prefer sunny days while I actually prefer rainy ones. I enjoy it for many reasons including the satisfying sound the rain makes on the roof, the secure and warm feeling you get when you are inside and it is raining outside and just the mood of the day seems different. Of course, there are many drawbacks to rainy days that make them less enjoyable but still: one would endure a world of devils for the sake of an angel. Rainy days can come as they please, bring it on!


The sound of rain on the roof as you are safe and dry inside is great, isn't it? It is one of the best moments of rainy days for me and I just can not wait to go home and just lay in bed with the sound of rain around me as I try to sleep. It really makes you feel grateful that you have a roof over your head. I know during the Summer months I do not even think about it but when it starts raining I become very sentimental. Even just the sound of rain on the roof has a soothing sensation and you can generally tell when rain is about to come or has just passed because when you go outside you can just smell the moisture. It really is very exciting and great at keeping me in touch with nature. Of course, rainy days are not all that perfect. Just this morning when I was walking from the train station to school there was a giant puddle near the traffic lights I could not jump over so I had to walk through it and I did not actually realise how deep it was until I was in the middle of it. Then I had to walk all the way down to school with wet shoes but at least I had my umbrella with me to protect me from the actual rain. Puddles can also be great though because I remember as a kid I used to love just throwing rocks in the puddles to cause a ripple effect. Even just watching the puddles fill with water or to see the little ripples the individual drops made was enjoyable. As the old adage goes: every cloud has it's own silver lining. Rainy days are really quite enjoyable in my opinion and I really do look forward to them.


Don't let the rain ruin your mood, see you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment