Saturday 29 June 2013

The Social Network Population

Social networks like Facebook and Twitter have changed us. They have made us into all we try not to be. However hard we try to ignore this fact it is true. I was skimming through my news feed on Facebook and what I saw inspired me to write this post. It will not be as long as usual as I am writing this on my phone and it is hard to gauge how much I've done so far.

Just through a quick skim of a few posts I feel as though I have lost a few IQ points. There are so many ignorant and pointless posts on sites like Facebook that it really annoys me. First you have the idiots that make status updates asking people to comment their phone numbers. Then you have the even dumber people who actually do comment their phone numbers. The first thing we all learn about cyber safety is that you never ever give away your phone number online. The annoying thing is these are the same people who later make statuses about people who do unsafe things online. Then you have those who make giant stereotypical and judgemental posts based on one bad experience. These are the idiots who say "all guys are jerks" or something just because someone broke up with them or annoyed them. It really annoys me because how dare someone make assumptions about me based on someone else. I am not them, I am me. It just really pisses me off. So as you can see, Social Networks change people.

Don't be an idiot on Facebook, see you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment