Saturday 22 June 2013

YouTube Subscriptions Part 6

Part 6 and we are already way past half-way through these. It really is starting to show, and this time I actually mean it. Already I have begun to skip videos less and less. Of course, even in the channels that I really enjoy watching I sometimes skip videos that would not interest me. However, it has saved me a lot of time and has actually come in handy for my training for Kokoda as I do not have to slow down to skip certain videos. Cutting down on my YouTube subscriptions really has helped me. At the start of this post I am at 75 subscriptions (I may have lost one somewhere between this post and the previous one), let's get this number down. Also, this is the last one in this series so you will be able to see the results right at the end of this post.

Image Source: http://www.ospika.com/

Screen Junkies is the first channel of the day I am unsubscribing from as I no longer watch any of their videos. They make honest trailers which is where they put voice overs on trailers that make it a whole lot funnier. I am simply unsubscribing as I have stopped watching their videos. Shane Dawson TV is another of those channels that makes funny music videos and the like but I am unsubscribing as I no longer watch any of his videos. Shannon Uncut and Shannon Uncut 2 are the channels of an Australian YouTuber who is an older-teenager. Shit Girls Say is a hilarious channel that has, sadly, five videos of a guy (that is dressed up really well as a girl) saying this girls would say. It is really funny but they have not uploaded in such a long time that I am unsubscribing. Shooter Williamson is another Australian Comedy YouTuber who makes really funny videos on his thoughts. He often uses a 'bogan' accent which makes it heaps funnier. I am definitely remaining subscribed. Shut Up Cartoons is the cartoon channel of Smosh but I only subscribed for the Oishi High School Battle cartoon series they had which was great except it has since finished. So it is a goodbye to them. Silvakeyzz is a channel I only subscribed to because it had all the 'Bogan Pride' episodes on it (a TV show created by Rebel Wilson). As I have finished Bogan Pride I am unsubscribing. Smosh, which is the most subscribed channel on YouTube, is one of my favourite channels that I love watching as they do have funny videos which they upload every Friday (so we get them on Saturday in Australia) which are genuinely comedic. Star Kid Potter is a channel of a theatre group which makes funny parodies of films or television shows in a musical length. Recently they have also made their own original shows which are funny but I do not watch them any more so am unsubscribing from it. Strawburry17 is the main channel of one of the vloggers I watch (Lifeburry). I only ever subscribed to this channel because of that reason but I never watch the videos so it is a goodbye. SuperNateB3 is one of the channels I have no idea how I managed to subscribe to them so, of course, it is a goodbye.


TAC Victoria is the official YouTube channel of the Victorian Branch of the TAC which I subscribed to while working on the Wipe off 5 Assignment earlier this year. I am unsubscribing to them as, obviously, I have finished the assignment and no longer need it. Tay Zonday is a YouTuber I found through one of my other YouTubers. He has a really deep, distinct voice that makes his videos interesting but I do not watch them anymore so I would not know. Teen is the official YouTube channel of Teen.com which I subscribed to because a few of my YouTubers work for them and their channel but I do not watch their videos anymore so goodbye! Teenageflakes1, how did I subscribe to you? Goodbye. The Boston Globe is the YouTube channel of the Boston Globe which I only subscribed to for updates on The Boston Bombings, so since that is over so is my subscription. The Ellen Show is the official YouTube channel of The Ellen Show which I subscribe to as they upload some of the best clips from the show that day which is good so I do not have to watch the whole show. My subscription is remaining where it is, thank you. The Fine Bros make videos of peoples reactions to other YouTube Videos. It is good because they have Elders React, Teens React, Kids React and YouTubers React so there is a lot of variety and they do have very interesting and funny reactions. I am definitely keeping my subscription. The Grid Monster is the Vlog channel of a friend of a YouTuber I like watching but I never really watched her videos so it is another goodbye to yet another channel. The Hunger Games Movie is the official channel of The Hunger Games movies so of course I am remaining subscribed! Do you think I am feeling ill? Theme Park Studio is another of the channels I have no idea how I managed to subscribe to. Goodbye I guess to them. The Most Popular Girls in School is a hilarious web series online which is made of stop-motion animation barbie dolls and the like. But trust me, do not let anyone under the age of 15 watch it as it has very adult material. No sex scenes but it is mentioned a lot and there is a fair bit of swearing but that is what adds to it's hilarity. I am so not unsubscribing!


The Pet Collective is a channel dedicated solely to animal videos and they have some really cute ones on there! They also have several live cams of puppies and other dogs. It is really a great channel and I recommend you subscribe because just one video will certainly lift your mood (unless you are someone who feels no emotion or just really hates animals). I am remaining subscribed in case you did not get that. Tobuscus is a channel I only ever really watched once and now he's uploads are just really clogging up my news feeds. He made some really good music parodies of trailers which are funny but they are all of the videos of his I actually ever watched so it is a goodbye to him. Tom Ska is the person behind the ASDF movies which are really funny by the way and he also makes really good short films so of course I am remaining subscribed! Troye Sivan, I have no idea how I managed to subscribe to you so it is a goodbye from me. Tyler Oakley is yet another mystery, goodbye as well. Victorious Sponge is a comedy channel on YouTube I subscribed to while procrastinating so it is a goodbye to them, though they are funny. Vlogs With Jim is the Vlog Channel of Jim Chapman who, if you had of read one of the previous parts, has a main channel which I unsubscribed from because I only watch his vlogs. So, it is certainly not a goodbye to this one today. Watch us Live and Stuff is the Vlog channel of Anthony from Smosh and his girlfriend, Kalel. I unsubscribed from Anthony's personal channel as he said he was moving to that one and they do upload a lot of videos but I never find myself wanting to watch them so it is a goodbye from me completely from Anthony, besides Smosh of course! WDWINFO is a channel dedicated to all things Walt Disney World and the like but I only ever watched one of their videos as it is a fan-made channel so it is a goodbye to them. Wicked Australia is a channel dedicated to the musical Wicked for Australia but I only watch the official Wicked one I mentioned in Part 5 two days ago so it is a goodbye to them and the same goes for Wicked the Musical Oz. Winter Spring Pro is a channel one of my favourite YouTubers was on but he has since left and so I have stopped watching these videos and it is a goodbye from me.


WongFu Productions is another channel I watched for a few weeks and then stopped so it is a goodbye from me. Wyndham City is a channel I can not remember subscribing to and for what reason so it is a goodbye from me. xXJessWorldXx is another one of those channels, why does this keep happening to me. Well, best unsubscribe and move on. Yaouzer and YeahImNatalia are also being unsubscribed for the same reason. What is happening? YouNowLive is another one of these, seriously, something must be going on. YourChonny is the second or third channel of popular Australian YouTuber Mychonny who makes funny comedy videos. I am definitely remaining subscribed. Finally, the last channel on my subscription list is YouTube itself who I subscribed to after the year in review thing they did last year with Gangnam Style and Call me Maybe. It is a great channel but I am unsubscribing just because I can. That is all of my subscriptions and now for some results! I began at the start of all this with 153 subscriptions and I finish with a total of 41 subscriptions! Wow, that just goes to show how many junk channels I was subscribed to although, of course, I do not mean their videos were bad, some of them were actually pretty good but just did not appeal to me. As this was the last part do not expect to see a Part 7 any time soon.

Organised Subscriptions lead to an organised life, see you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment