Wednesday 12 June 2013

YouTube Subscriptions Part 1

YouTube subscriptions: I have way too many of them! Every time I go on to YouTube my home page is clogged with channels I watched once and absent-mindedly subscribed to. It really is very annoying because I only watch a few channels regularly and a few more less regularly. Most of the channels I subscribe to I do not even watch anymore! First World Problems, I know. In today's post I am going to go through my YouTube subscriptions and why I subscribed to them. I will unsubscribe if I can not think of a reason why I still subscribe. Wow, this is going to be great! For me, I mean, you may enjoy it though. This is the first part of it and a new part will be posted every second day at 6 pm. I say at 6 pm because I am writing them all tonight and scheduling them for release at that time.


I begin with 153 Subscriptions so lets see if we can get rid of some. The first user/channel on my Subscription list is 39ShadowMan who makes some cool K'nex creations but I only ever watched his videos once so he's gone. AdeleVevo is next on my list and, of course, it is the Vevo channel for Adele which means it is a YouTube channel where all her music videos and other related stuff from Adele goes. If I ever want to watch one of her music videos I will just search it up so she is also gone. Another user is Alyssa Poppin who does music covers, original songs and vlogs (video-blogs) but I rarely watch her videos so she is gone also. Amy Poehler's Smart Girls is the YouTube channel where Amy Poehler (famous Hollywood Comedian) and other girls discuss things and also have interviews with influential women in Society. I only ever subscribed to this video because another user I subscribe to appeared on their channel. Sorry Amy but you are also going. Wow, four channels in and I have yet to keep 1 subscription.


Now for a channel I may keep my subscription to: Anthony Padilla who is one of the men from Smosh (the most Subscribed channel on YouTube) but he is starting up a new channel with his girlfriend (watch us live and stuff) so I am going to unsubscribe from this one (Anthony Padilla, not Smosh) and subscribe to their new one. Sorry Anthony but you are gone. AntonElmvik plays the Piano and I am unsubscribing from him since I do not watch him. Australian Open TV is the official YouTube channel for the Australian Open but I do not watch Tennis anymore so they are gone as well. AVByte is a channel that makes Music Videos/Parodies of things but I never watch them so goodbye! Bad Lip Reading is the first channel I am going to remain subscribed to because they are genuinely funny and I enjoy watching their videos. As the name suggests it is a channel which makes Bad Lip Reading videos which are funny. Baracks Dubs is yet another I am remaining subscribed to and it is one where they take clips of Obama's speeches and mix them together so it sounds like he is saying the words of a song. They also put backing music so it is really good. Barely Political is another comedy channel I enjoy watching and does a variety of comedic things I want to watch. I am remaining subscribed to that channel and I recommend you subscribe to it too.

Image Source:

BBC America TV is a channel I subscribe to which is the official one of BBC America where they have all the television show trailers and some behind the scenes. I like it because it has Doctor Who on it which I watch so I am remaining subscribed. Big Brother AU is the official channel of Big Brother Australia which I watch for behind the scenes extras of Big Brother as well as a look at the Audition Process and where past contestants are now. I am remaining subscribed to this. Black Box TV is a YouTube channel that makes short films and web series in a horror genre. I am unsubscribing from them because I rarely watch their videos although they are great. Brian Hill is a channel that has some material relating to my local CFA of which I am a member but I am unsubscribing because I only ever watched the videos once or twice. Camerax Life (no error) is a channel I do not even remember subscribing to and I have no idea why I did so, goodbye. That is all the YouTube Subscriptions I am going through in this post. At the end of this post I now have 143 subscriptions, already cutting down a lot. Be sure to check back in 2 days time for Part 2!


May the odds be ever in your favour, see you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment