Sunday 23 June 2013

Theatres and Fire Alarms

I have had very bad experiences with Fire Alarms and/or Theatres recently. I have started to think that there is some big conspiracy centered around me. As you can see, I am not very narcissistic. Basically, recently I have been having trouble with these locations/devices wherever I go and I guess it all started the week before last. I have written posts about the first two experiences which I will link in the next sentence, the third experience is one you will be hearing about first in today's post. The first experience was with a fire-alarm at Werribee Plaza and the next was a bad experience at the cinemas while waiting to see Despicable Me 2 which is hilarious by the way. The third experience happened yesterday so check the next paragraph for the story.


In summary, the first incident was at the Werribee Plaza where I was shopping and suddenly a fire alarm went off but no one really did anything except continue shopping like nothing was going on. The second experience had nothing to do with fire alarms and more to do with cinemas/theatres. While waiting for Despicable Me 2 to start everything started going wrong and the movie did not actually start until fifty minutes after it was supposed to. The third experience happened yesterday at my cousin's Young Australian Broadway Chorus performance at the National Theatre in St Kilda. We were sitting in our seats and talking while waiting for the show to start and suddenly everyone started standing up and walking out and it was not until we could hear the sound of the alarm that we knew what was going on. In the end, after the MFB arrived, we managed to sit down and the show did not start until fifteen minutes after it was meant to which was nothing compared to the fifty minutes we waited the week before. I feel sorry for the girl who left her hair-straightener on that caused smoke to set off the alarm. So as you can see I am not having the best of luck with fire alarms and/or cinemas/theatres. At least we now know that the alarms at these places still work. Luckily, I sorted out the issue with Village Cinemas and managed to get free ticket vouchers which was good. As I am seeing King Kong next Sunday I am keeping my fingers crossed that nothing goes wrong because I am very excited about it. Also, the YouTube Subscription segment I did is now finished so tomorrow there will be another post like this one just so you know.

Remember, working smoke alarms save lives so stay safe and check your alarms, see you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment