Sunday 10 November 2013

Google Problems

Those of you who have been reading my blog for some time now know that I like to complain. You would also know that I like to use Google sites like YouTube and Google Plus (yeah, I like it. Get over it). Considering the fact that I like both of these there are bound to be some complaints I have about Google. Well, here they are. I have been meaning to write a post like this for some time. I even started writing them into some of my Random Thought Friday posts before I realised that I had enough to write a whole post about them. So here we go, my Google problems:


Google Captions. Do I need to say any more? For those of you who do not know, Google captions is a feature on YouTube that basically places subtitles on videos. However, about 97% of the time, these captions are wrong. It can actually make a boring video really funny. Go on, try out my theory with one of my videos. However entertaining they are however, they are also very annoying when you want to watch something with this feature enabled as you do not have headphones and do not want to use your speakers. It is incredibly annoying how this happens so Google, just stop with the bloody captions. They just make things worse. Plus, death people probably believe everything they say. Anyway, I might actually do a post like that one day where I transcribe what the video is actually saying and then write down what Google captions thinks is going on. Over the past few months Google has been trying to integrate all their sites into using just one account. This way you do not need separate accounts for Google Drives, YouTube and Google Plus. The annoying thing here is whenever the message pops up on my YouTube telling me to change (how dare you ask me to change) and I have to click out of it because every other option sucks. If I choose to use my Google Plus account people will find out my full name and that is just not cyber safe. However, if I choose to have two separate accounts linked to the same one each time I log onto my YouTube through my phone I have to select whether to use it as Legolukey or Luke. On my Dad's iPad however I simply can not use my YouTube because it is such an old iPad that YouTube has basically given up updating their app for that format. Apple does not even let them update to iOS7. Thought that may not be such a bad thing. The point is that now I just have to get out of the box as quickly as I can and it is really annoying.

I do have many more Google problems so there may be a part two in the distant future. Do not wait around for one though because I have a horrible memory. See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment