Saturday 30 November 2013

Random Thought Saturday: Thinking Ahead

Again, I bring you another Random Post Friday on a Saturday. That means that I have done more Random Thought Fridays on a Saturday than I have on a Friday. As such I had to change the name of the segment to Random Thought Saturday as it is more realistic that I can get these regular posts out on a Saturday as compared to a Friday. Anyway, onto the inaugural Random Thought Saturday! As you will know I recently missed two days in one week (very weird considering that over all I have only missed maybe 4 days (excluding the few days right at the start of this Blog where I was getting into the swing of things)) due to scheduling woes and late nights that went later than expected. Anyway, I would just like to say that every time this happens I feel bad about it as my blog is called "Daily Lukey" so I can not just get away with missing days every so often. I promise to work harder on this to prevent this from happening again but I can not make any promises that it will not happen again as it most likely will. In other news, I was surprised to realise that this is the 247th Post on this Blog. Seeing how far I had come made me think about where I was going and, as such, I got thinking about my one year anniversary which will be on March 24 2014. As part of this I began thinking of how I was going to celebrate it and make it special. Some ideas have already been drafted but you will have to wait until next year to find out what I am planning.


Thinking ahead another month and I will be in Papua New Guinea. This will, of course, mean no internet (how will I survive?) but it does not mean no posts. I will be scheduling posts to appear while I am away (16th to 25th of April 2014) and I have kind of an idea as to what I should write about but I also have to plan it out. After those dates there will probably still be a few days after where the posts will most likely focus on my experience. This may be a day-per-post or maybe one or two depending on what happens but I am planning to fill you all in on my experience when I return. If you have anything that you want to know about the journey, feel free to send them in via the contact form to the right, send it through my Facebook Page, comment below or email me directly at legolukeytutorials@gmail.com. Your question very well may be a part of one of my posts, if not the whole post (depending on the breadth of answer I can give). They will most likely be my experience of preparing for Kokoda and what the program has been like for me and how I got to where I am at that time. Basically the last half of April and most likely the beginning of May is all going to be about Kokoda and things in relation to it, so get ready for that! I may even give you all a little lesson in the history and significance of the place if I have space. Those posts will most likely be written sometime in March and April so they should be relevant and up-to-date. Thinking a little bit back from that point but still in the future, let us discuss Christmas and New Years. Since December (and Summer for Australia) begins tomorrow one of the main things on the majority of people's minds is Christmas and the new year. Today, after I returned from my training and boot-fitting for Kokoda, I helped my parents set up our Christmas decorations because Mum loves having them up before December because she really gets into the mood of Christmas for pretty much the whole month (it can take the remainder of December after Christmas for Mum to cool off from the buzz of the occasion). It is great though because it is a family tradition and what is family without a few traditions?

Sometimes we must look into the future to really appreciate our past. See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment