Tuesday 26 November 2013

Weird News Tuesday: What?

So we are back again to this day, Tuesday. I know you guys were expecting a post yesterday and, believe you me, so was I. However, scheduling again messed me up so instead I am doing another Weird News Tuesday post. I really do not know what is going on with my Random Thought Friday posts because each week, for whatever reasons, my Fridays get busy (or I forget) but you can always rely on the Weird News Tuesday: Keeping you up to date with the news that matters. Today I will be using the news site: The Daily Telegraph (Australian). We begin with the infamous Lara Bingle with a story I have seen on every news site I have visited tonight. Apparently, the weekly magazine Famous published a photo of her where they allegedly photo shopped more "Cellulite" onto her thighs. Yes, you read that right. They added more "cellulite", not fat, "cellulite". What do they stand to gain by saying cellulite instead of fat? It saves ink (and a few milliseconds). Also, in major news (according to every news site I have been on), the death of Brian Griffin from Family Guy has left fans all over the world reeling. Apparently this is news. Do not get me wrong though, I love Family Guy so I am dedicating this post to Brian Griffin (1999-2013). May he rest in animated peace.


In other 'news', a woman (Lucy Cavendish) gives an insight into what it is like living as a 'white' witch. I mean 'white' as in good, not talking about skin colour here. Her book 'Spellbound' gives an insight into how her spells work and how to incorporate witchcraft into everyday life. A man's life was saved after his old boss accidentally butt dialed him. The boss was actually plotting how to kill this man and if he had not have butt dialed him. First, why was that guy's number the one that pops up first. Was his name "Aardvark" or was his number "1111111" or "2148701273"? Seriously, how does that even happen. I have heard of drunk-dialing someone but this is reaching all new heights. A London woman has hatched an 'Ingenious"  plan to get a date with Ryan Gosling or someone similar. Basically she puts up "Lost" posters all around the place with Ryan Gosling's photo on it with her number underneath. Talk about new ways of picking up people. Apparently now there is a legitimate occupation where you go around to different toilets all around the world and use them to find the best toilet in the world. So that is a thing now. Also, an unlucky burglar got stuck in the bathroom window of a house he was trying to break into. When the victim came home the burglar actually had to ask him to call the police. If it were me, I would have waited an hour or so to let him sweat it out (Payback is a bitch and bitch is my middle name). Kids these days bring all sorts of things to show-and-tell. On the list you have toys, books, magazines, parents' "Vibrating Rocket Ship", teddy bears among other things. I could make a really bad pun about rocket ships and Uranus but I will not, I am above that (for now). A group (I do not know which one [there are so many out there these days]) has banned the consumption of soy because they believe it can turn you gay. Yeah, of all the ridiculous theories I have heard that has got to be up there as one of the most ridiculous. The worst part is that someone obviously believes this. Finally, family's had to rush from their homes in Brazil after a fire at a sugar warehouse released a flood of caramel that threatened the surrounding houses. That would have been quite the sticky situation.

The news just keeps getting weirder and weirder. See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment