Saturday 2 November 2013

Random Thought Friday: Saturday Edition

So another week has passed and another Random Thought Friday has been missed due to reasons out of my control. Namely, losing track of time and basic forgetfulness. To make up for the lack of these posts I have decided to write one today, on a Saturday, to make up for all those we have missed. This is only the second Random Thought Friday post so enjoy and I hope to have another one up next Friday. However, I do not want to make any promises as sometimes circumstances escape my control. Hope you have a random weekend!


Thursday night was a pretty important night for my Leaders of the Future Program. As those of you who read last night's incredibly short post would know, Thursday night was the official launch of the program. It was a really great time as it did not go for too long (so we were not stuck listening to repetitive boring speeches) and the speeches they did have were all very interesting. We had our local member who took over Julia Gillard's area (the term escapes me) as well as a person high up in the Wyndham Police Force (Super-Intendant I think). We also heard from a past participant from a similar program over the other side of Melbourne and how the program changed him. It was a great night and I really enjoyed it. Talking about this program we finally started our group training sessions on Sunday with a hike up in the You Yangs. It was only ten kilometres but towards the end it got very steep. Still, I wish Kokoda was going to be like that. The You Yangs are going to be a stroll in the park compared to Kokoda. Still though, it is great to have a place like the You Yangs where we can go hiking and it is not too far away for us. Wednesday night we went Fartlek running which is where you run for a while, then walk, then run, then walk and so on. Ours went a little bit more along the lines of Run, Jog, Run, Jog, Run, Walk, Run, Jog, Walk, Run and so on so it was a little more challenging but it was a great time to continue cementing strong friendships with the others in this program. I said today would be a random thought post and, in a way it is, except for the fact that the central focus is on the Kokoda program. Still though, it was a lot of random thoughts on the topic that I never would have been able to stretch over a whole post.

I hope you guys see another Random Thought Friday this Friday. See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment