Friday 5 July 2013

Movies

Movies are magical creations and can transport us to different worlds. Movies can make us feel good, or they can make us feel bad. Sometimes movies can scare us and other times make us laugh. The good thing about movies is that they come in many different lengths and genres meaning they could suit anybody. You have documentaries, comedies, sci-fi films, chick flicks (sorry for sounding so colloquial), Romances or even a western. Of course, there are also many other genres out there (like Anime) but if I listed them all we would be here for days. Personally I enjoy movies as they allow me to escape somewhere I have never been before, even if just for an hour or two. Of course, not all movies are good and some of them make us wish we could have our time back. A good example of a movie like this was the movie called "The Tree of Life" which I think starred Brad Pitt. Some of the critics were saying how great the movie was and how deep and entertaining it was and while I was watching I actually fell asleep. It was utter crap in my opinion but still, some people like that kind of movie which is why I say they appeal to everybody, although people will certainly not always like the same thing.


Sometimes movies are made based on books, 'true' events, manga or some other type of text. Sometimes the film adaptation is a whole lot better than the original (not that I can think of any off the top of my head), some of them were on the same par as the original (like Beautiful Creatures) and some of them are just plain horrible. Sometimes film-makers try to stretch out an already over-stretched film franchise and it is just one of those things you go to see knowing you won't enjoy it but you still want to go. You would not believe how many times that has happened to me, although (admittedly) sometimes I do enjoy myself and pretend not to so I don't embarrass myself. Basically, I like films when they are good and to my liking. Sometimes film franchises are really successful (like James Bond or Harry Potter) and you can not wait to see the next one. Those are the sort of movies I like as they have a continuation rather than just one movie and that is it. I like to find out what happens after the resolution. It's probably the reason why I like vlogs on YouTube; I like to see how people's lives turn out but not in a stalker-ish fashion (that's right, over 100 posts and I'm still making up words). Movies, for me, are a wonderful invention and I wonder what our World would be like without them.

Be sure to be mindful of other cinema-goers, see you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment