Tuesday 2 July 2013

Why am I watching this?

Foreword: I am sorry about the lack of post yesterday (2/7/2013) as this post was supposed to be released at around 6pm last night but for some reason Blogger decided that it would rather not publish this post and it went unpublished. As a result, today there will be 2 posts including this one which was meant to go live last night. Be sure to check back again tonight (3/7/2013) at around 6pm (AEST) tonight for the 100th post! Again I am sorry about what happened and sincerely hope that it does not happen again.

Have you ever just sat in front of the television and just flicked through the channels because there was nothing else to do. Imagine one of those days when it is raining, you are home alone, have nothing to do and are incredibly bored. What do you do? Probably watch some television. But wait, there does not seem to be anything on that interests you. However, like most people (myself included) you just continue flicking through the channels wishing an unscheduled show to air. However, in the end you find yourself an hour later watching some show you have no interest in. Sometimes you really have to ask yourself "Why am I watching this?" Most of the time I do not have an answer. It really is a bit sad.


Sometimes we even experience this during prime-time television (around 6pm to 9pm). Especially during the period of the year where the networks do not air any of the good shows as the rating season is low. This, for me, is the worst time for television as there is nothing that interesting on and you just find yourself flicking through the channels and watching bits and pieces of all these boring shows. I mean, do you know how many times I have watched Antiques Roadshow during this period? Let's just say that there is a lot of junk on that show and I am getting really good at guessing how much an item is worth. I know how sad that sounds but that is the reality nearly all of us face. Have you ever had this experience? Chances are you have. Even now, as I write this I find myself thinking of all the good shows that are on tonight I want to watch (like Under the Dome) and then all the crap ones I will probably sit through while waiting for these shows (like The Mole which I do not think will be as good as the original series). That is all for today but be sure to check back tomorrow for the 100th post, hooray!

If you can not answer the question "Why am I watching this?" then stop watching it, see you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment