Saturday 20 July 2013

Spooky Driving

As some of you may know if you read the frantic and excited posts I wrote around May 9 I am now aged 16. As I live in Victoria this means that I am able to apply for my Learners Permit Test which I aced and achieved a perfect 100% score on. Just saying, not trying to brag or anything, you know me (or maybe you do not). Anyway, this meant that I was able to begin learning to actually drive. Since then I have accrued just over eleven hours of practice. I know, it's not very much but it is better than nothing. Tonight I went on a driving lesson (around 8pm I left so I only just got back) which actually went longer than we expected because we got carried away. As it was dark and we went on a few questionable roads it was a little spooky and here is my experience.


It started off normal enough except I thought I had my foot on the accelerator when it was on the brake. A lot of confusion ensued as to how and why the car was not moving but in the end we realised my mistake and I continued my journey. First, Dad had to fill up and again I forgot to change the gears back to first (yeah, I am learning in a Manual) so as we pulled out I may have stalled the car. At least the other people at the petrol station were being entertained. Finally we continued into our spooky journey and it was not until I was driving through some of the back roads around the You Yangs that I realised how spooky it was. I swear, it looked like I was driving through the forests of one of those Slender Games. I swear if somebody was around in a suit I would have freaked out. Then we turned into a more open gravel road which made me actually believe I was in a horror movie as there began to be less signs around. I actually said to Dad that it feels like a horror movie and any minute now the car is going to mysteriously break down and our phones will be out of range. That's how spooky it was. The rest of the drive was pretty normal but that was actually the scariest part. That is why I said that it was a very spooky drive.

Always act as though you are the only competent driver on the road, see you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment