Monday 8 July 2013

Walking Sandy

So, as I may have mentioned, Sandy is a little bit of a quirky dog. So much in fact he is entertaining in a sort of slap-stick comedy way. Even just walking Sandy he does some funny stuff. Even now when he is about to turn four in November he still does some pretty stupid stuff. I can still catch him from time to time walking straight ahead and then looking sideways and swerving into something. Sandy really has some very bad balance and so it amazes me sometimes how he manages to face diagonally while walking straight ahead. Put simply, Sandy is a marvel. Well, an entertaining marvel.

Image Source: 

You would not believe how many times Sandy has either walked into letter boxes, fences or even small bushes. Sandy just does not look where he is going and gets distracted very easily. I used to hope that he would grow out of it but I have lost such hope. Even today I was walking him and he got distracted by a bush and kept walking forward while staring at it and not looking where he was going. He ended up barking at the letter box he walked into and then hiding behind me for the next few metres. This is why Sandy would be such a horrible driver since he gets distracted too easily and would be in the middle lane and suddenly see something interesting and swerve towards it without looking. Also, he is a bit too small to actually use the pedals and see over the steering wheel. Still, Sandy driving would be entertaining but also very dangerous. It was pretty entertaining. Sandy is also a bit of an idiot in that he gets easily frightened of cats and small dogs but acts all tough (while hiding behind whoever is walking him) whenever a large dog walks past which is incredibly annoying as he winds himself around your legs and has made me trip a number of times. Walking Sandy around Christmas time is also annoying (and very embarrassing) since Sandy tends to bark at some of the Christmas decorations and I swear he thinks they are real. Especially the decorations that move, they really scare him. The same goes for statues. One minute we are walking calmly and then, out of nowhere, Sandy starts growling at a statue or decoration. All the while he is hiding behind me though which means sometimes I do not notice quick enough and he trips me over. So, as you can tell, walking Sandy is quite the experience and each time he does something that surprises me and catches me off guard. You never quite know what to expect when you walk Sandy.

If Sandy ever learns to drive be sure to keep a long distance between you and his car, see you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment