Sunday 21 July 2013

The Hunger Games: Catching Fire


Can I just warn you guys that today's post is not going to be one of my sane-r ones (yeah, I made up that word, that's where we are at the moment). If you did not know the theatrical trailer for The Hunger Games: Catching Fire was released at San Diego Comic-Con yesterday (well, for us Australians it was really early this morning) and before I go on you guys just have to watch it. If the videos are not working for you, just click the hyperlink on "THE HUNGER GAMES: CATCHING FIRE" above.


I am actually pretty proud of myself that I worked out how to use this embed thing so I could legally post this video. Anyway, if you have not already just click play and you will not be disappointed. This trailer shows us a preview of all the good parts in the book we really wanted to see in the movie. You will even get to see Katniss' Wedding dress and it turning into the Mockingjay. In true Capitol Style everything is extravagant and over-the-top while the District 12 Victor's Village is portrayed as a place of sadness and emptiness which is basically what the place is as The Games do change you. Hopefully new Director Francis Lawrence creates something different to the previous movie which disappointed fans world-wide (myself not included). If this trailer is anything to go on then it should be a whole lot better. In this movie we get to see more of the Capitol and the other Districts which should provide for more interesting scenes and chances for the creative team to really "show-off" their skills and creative minds. I know it says the 22nd of November as the release date but as movies come out in Australia on a Thursday (compared to Fridays for America) we will be able to see it in our theatres on November 21st. The anticipation is really getting to me as there is only just over 120 days left. I do warn you though that as the date comes closer you may get sick of me going on about Catching Fire but after all the teaser posters and the teaser trailer I think this movie is going to be great. If you have watched the above trailer (which I am sure you have) then why not check out the earlier teaser trailer that was released in April of this year which includes some more scenes but, as teaser trailers generally do, does not give much away.




May the odds be ever in your favour, see you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment