Sunday 11 August 2013

Annoying Things People do at University Open Days

So if you have been reading my blog for some time now you may remember a post I wrote back in late May about Annoying Things People do During Exams. Well today I went to the open day for RMIT University in the City and I found some of the things people did there just as (if not more) annoying than some of the stuff I wrote about regarding exams. There was actually a lot of annoying things that people did there so here is a list of some of the most annoying. As always, feel free to share any of yours that I may have missed in the comments section, via the contact form to the right or a direct email to legolukeytutorials@gmail.com and I will reply to you (unless you say otherwise). Do not be afraid to share.


The first, and most annoying, thing people can possibly do at a University Open Day is stop and chat to people in the middle of a corridor or on the stairs. This is especially annoying in buildings where hallways are narrow or there is no other way around. This is the case for many Universities and so it annoys me so much that people feel they have the right to stop everyone behind them so they can have a nice chat to some person they see. The worst part is when you try to say "Excuse me" and they give you the evil eye as if you are in the wrong. One time I just gave them the evil eye back because I had enough of all these people stopping in the middle of the path. Then there are the people who come to these things just for all the free stuff. These are the people that go to all the places you need to go just for the free stuff and not actually for the information. It happened to me twice today when I wanted to ask someone something or learn something more about a course and these people were just standing there taking the free stuff so in the end I just left and Dad and I came back to it later. You also have, from time-to-time, those girls who are so superficial and make friends with some of the people behind the desks and just stand there laughing and squealing at random intervals. It looks really horrible for the person they are 'friends' with and annoying for everyone else. I had two such girls right outside one of the lecture theatres I was in trying to listen to information about a course. It was just so annoying because half the time all I could hear was there squealing. I really do not see the point of coming to a University Open Day and not check out some of the courses. It just seems really absurd. Another annoying thing is with the elevators. Today I had a girl in there who got on from the fourth floor and wanting to get to the fourth floor. She kept pressing the button and the door kept reopening and it was just really annoying because she was holding everyone up. In the end she just gave up and let the elevator go. It was so annoying I just did not say anything because I was not helping someone like that. I am sorry but if you annoy me so much when I do not even really know you, do not expect me to help you. So that was but a mere few of the annoyances I experienced at today's RMIT University Open Day. It is Melbourne University Open Day next Sunday so you may read something similar then.

When at a University Open Day be mindful of others trying to gain some information out of the day, see you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment