Saturday 3 August 2013

Disgusting

There are some really horrible and disgusting things around today that we can not help but experience. Today I experienced one such thing that made me wish I could just disappear and reappear instantaneously at home. Basically I was walking Sandy and, as always, Sandy chose that he would do his constitution as far away from any bin and home as he could possibly do. I seriously have begun wondering if Sandy does that on purpose. Anyway, back to the story. So, like a good owner, I got out a poo-bag and picked it up. As I was doing this the bag shifted in the wind (it was very windy today by the way) and a few of my fingers came in direct contact with the poo. It was disgusting and there was an immediate dropping reaction. I literally stood there for two seconds before I realised the bag was blowing away. I had to chase it and then get out another bag to bag the old bag (it was covered in... well, you know), if I can find another way to write bag. They say you never know a dog until you have touched their poo. If that is true then I am happy with how much I knew of Sandy before. It was disgusting but provided me with the inspiration for this post.


Have you ever noticed how disgusting some people can be? I mean both physically and in what they say. First, with the physical (okay, now it sounds like I am going to be ruining body images). I was on a camp once (it was band camp, I know, so cool) and was hanging out with a few people (yeah, I said it) and one of them was just plain disgusting to the point that it was rude. For instance he had a cold and was always coughing and sneezing without covering his mouth. Let's just say I was glad I was over to the side with the piano instead of next to him with the other instruments. Then we had dinner it was like on of those things where you do not want to look but you have no choice without making it look obvious. Plus, I am not very subtle so my way of avoiding would have been looking directly away or shutting my eyes (very classy, I know). Basically he would eat with his mouth open (so you could see everything [yuck]) and then he would talk with food in his mouth. It was disgusting but I battled through and did not let my disgust show. Then there are the disgusting things that you can hear people say. The other day on the way home from school there was a guy and a girl at the train station. The girl was okay but the guy was so impatient. He was swearing metro and the trains for every name under the sun (not literally though, it would appear he would not know that much language). I was just sort of staying away from them and aimed for a different carriage on the train but still, it was disgusting the way he was talking. Plus he was just talking so nonchalantly that it seemed that he believed it was alright (if not admirable) for him to be saying such language. Like my grandmother would say; "That boy needs a good smack around the ears and some cold hard discipline". As you can see, there is a lot of disgusting things and people in the world (well that was offensive) but if we look past this minority and look at the majority our faith in humanity may be restored.

Don't let the disgusting make you disgusting, see you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment